[Qgis-user] Incorrect placement of ABC labels

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 02:25:01 PDT 2012

Morten -

I selected one polygon (one of the "troublemakers", FID:10) from your
shapefile and created a new shapefile with only this polygon. Even with
only one polygon in the layer, you'll still get a label that's placed
incorrectly when using the "Over Centroid" option . You have two
workarounds:

 1. Use the "Horizontal" option (Works as advertised :-)
 2. Generate the label using the layer options dialogue, tab "Label",
    Placement "Over"

I would suggest you create a bug-ticket on
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues/new describing the
problem with ABC labeling. Include one or two of the "problem" polygons
in a zipped shapefile.

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
Aestas-GIS