[Qgis-user] QGis 1.8.0 crashes when I attempt to change CRS or open project properties

zbynek zbynek.janoska at cdv.cz
Fri Aug 3 04:40:27 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have following problem:
When I try to open project properties in QGis or set CRS of a layer, QGis
crashes. I use Windows 7.
This happens in QGis Desktop 1.8, development version 1.9.0.34 and also in
browser, when I try to set layer CRS.
Apart from this, everything works just fine - I can import, export data,
perform analysis (including buffer, length and area measurement, which gives
correct values), create maps etc.
The CRS is set to WGS84 by default.
Any idea, how this can be solved?
I have reistalled QGIS several times, installed Desktop version from both
OSGeo4W and exe file downloaded from qgis.org, and the problem persists

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Zbyněk