[Qgis-user] openlayers on qgis android

Dietrich Heintz dheintz at gmx.net
Sat Aug 4 01:51:40 PDT 2012

Dear Mike,
from view/panels/(check)GPS-Information

you will get under the TOC a window with the live GPS Tools.

>From there you can connect to your GPS device.

Have in mind that the operating system must have detected the device
already.
If you use a blue-tooth gps mouse, first connect the mouse to your OS and
notice the serial port the device is hosted.
Than you connect to this particular port from QGIS.
After few seconds you should get a signal.

I use it quite often and it works stabil.
The GPS gives you WGS coordinates.
If your map lies in a different projection, check from the Menu
Settings/Options/CRS/Enable on the fly reprojection.

kind regards
Dieter

On 03.08.2012 10:43, M.E.Dodd wrote:
> Just tried to install qgis on Samsung galaxy s3.  It seemed to install
> ok but not sure how to get plugins and in particular the openlayers
> plugin, I see there is an issue listed on openlayers on android qgis
> but its now closed so I assume its fixed?  Also not sure how to get
> gps tracking.  Is there a 'manual' for the android version of qgis?
>
> Dr Mike Dodd
> Department of Environment, Earth and Ecosystems
> The Open University
> Walton Hall
> Milton Keynes
> MK7 6AA
>
> _http://www.ispot.org.uk/_
> _http://www.floodplainmeadows.org.uk/_
> _http://www.amanita-photolibrary.co.uk/HTML_Trees/_
>

> --
> The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an
> exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland
> (SC 038302).

*********************************

Dietrich Heintz

Unterer Rieselfeldgraben 9