[Qgis-user] problems with editing tables

Sebastian Anderka anderka at gmx.de
Tue Aug 7 14:32:31 PDT 2012

I had this happen to me this week (I tried to add xcoords and ycoords to
my polygon shapefile for labeling purposes), and it seemed to be caused
by mismatches in the field type; integer versus real, and especially
different field lengths.

Also, I fixed the problem by manually creating the new fields from the
attribute table. Before I used the table manager plugin - maybe this is
also true in your case?

Best regards
Sebastian