[Qgis-user] XYtools needs Excel python modules

Healthmaps rhoskins at u.washington.edu
Sat Aug 11 16:39:02 PDT 2012

QGIS 1.8 XYtools gives and error message about needing XLW & XLRD Python
libraries. I have found the site where they are but I do not understand any
of the directions, etc. I am not a Python programmer resulting in my having
no clue about one has to do. Can sopmeone point me to directions that will
tell me exactly what one is supposed to do and where one does it to get the
XYtools Excel pythins working. Same for Open Office. Seems the installation
process for XYtools should do this. Is there something I missed in the
installation? Thanks!