[Qgis-user] XYtools needs Excel python modules

rhoskins at u.washington.edu rhoskins at u.washington.edu
Sat Aug 11 17:10:18 PDT 2012

Noli, Thanks for your reply, but ... OK I downloaded a .tar file, eventually I got a folder
dist/xlrd-0.8.0/scripts and dist/xlrd-0.8.0/doc & examples and 1000s of words of Python documentation stuff.
I have no idea what to do with what I downloaded. What to I put where to get QGIS XYtools to read Excel files?

Sorry don't mean to be dense/difficult but I have no background in Python, and if that is not required I am missing out otherwise. I am not aware of any other documentation that explains these kinds of issues with plugins.

Thanks for your help -

Richard