[Qgis-user] XYtools needs Excel python modules

rhoskins at u.washington.edu rhoskins at u.washington.edu
Sat Aug 11 22:27:11 PDT 2012

I installed through OSGeo4W. I also uninstalled QGIS and repeated the installation. After trying to install XLRD myself, I managed to get it into the right place in the Python27 folder (with considerable help from Noli - very patient fellow) but no changes. I may have still misunderstood what he told me to do.

XYTOOLS is installed in .qgis\python\plugins\xytools   In .qgis\python\plugins\xytools\docs\index.html I found the following:

"(to use this functionality you should have the python-uno library installed. For Linux you can probably install it via your package manager. On Windows it is harder: you can install it via the normal installer as addition/module, but there seems to be an error with the python path. The plugin cannot find it. If somebody knows a solution for this, please let me know. )"

Are there Windows users who have XYTOOLS installed and reading in Excel files?

Regards,
Richard