[Qgis-user] gps tool: greyed buttons

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 02:41:50 PDT 2012

Yes again! that was it. Thanks.

Having a previously created vector layer in editing mode makes one of the 2
buttons active (depending on which kind of layer, point or line, has
been defined).
Having a button to create a new layer automatically in editing mode
within the same gps menu would be handy, in particular in the field
where navigating the menus is often tricky.

If a points layer has been selected, the user can click to add a point
in the current position. This is a good way for saving way points and
I suggest changing the label "add track point" to "add way point"
If a lines layer has been selected, clicking the "Add line" button
saves to the layer all the track until the moment of the click.
I think that this button should be renamed to "Add track line".
What is missing (I think) is the way of automatically and continuously
 adding all the track to the layer ,very much as the log file does but
in shape (or spatialite)
format and with a customized table of variables previously selected
from the nmea format. Also, the user could select saving positions
every x seconds and/or x meters.

Agus