[Qgis-user] Add 3rd party repos button?

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 03:30:18 PDT 2012

I would not call that encouraging but rather pressing.

I think that by now we can see that some developers prefer keeping
their plugins in their
own repository, perhaps to stress their authorship, to make their web
sites more visible...  who knows.
In any case, the availability of some important plugins such as
openlayers has become much less obvious
without the "Add 3rd party plugins" button.
As Carson Farmed said
"I'd also like to suggest that the 'add 3rd party repos' button should
simply fetch a list of 3rd party repositories from the QGIS server
(some sort of list created by an online submission system). That way
there is no hard-coding of repos by Borys, and it's fair for all
authors. We can certainly have a few different lists (i.e. well tested
repos, experimental repos, and untested repos)."

I think that the "Add 3rd party plugins" button (or some other simple
way of adding these repos to the list) should come back.

Agus