[Qgis-user] Open Data via Open Standards using Open Source: a new tool from NIWA

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 23:46:55 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 18:16 -0700, pcreso at pcreso.com wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> Two approaches I know of, the developer (Sourcepole in Switzerland)
> got a pretty free hand in how to do this.
>
> Editing capabilities are hidden from the toolbar on startup, but are
> still in the package, analysis tools are removed. Whether just made
> unavailable or actually not compiled in I don't know.

I am interested in building some similar limited interface for beginners
and limit tools to some reasonable set which I will be able to offer
support.
For that reason I was interested to diff Your source codes. Is it
possible to get it ?

I wonder if new customization support (Settings -> Customization) could
somehow be used for this purpose.

--
Ivan Mincik <ivan.mincik at gmail.com>