[Qgis-user] Dissolve function with various modules

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Mon Aug 20 04:31:00 PDT 2012

> 1) saga
> two options used (with inner boundaries and without): the boundaries still
> exist

this doesn't work, but the issue seems this one

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5946

that you filed. In native SAGS it works.

> 2) ftools: the resulting polygon is empty
> Dissolve instance has no attribute 'myParam'
> Traceback (most recent call last):

ftools works for me (with your input layer) both in sextante and
directly from the vector menu.

> 3) grass: it seems that it does the work but an error occurs at the end
> the configuration region is set as default, "use min covering region"
> activated

GRASS dissolve works for me, in both Sextante and the QGIS/GRASS plugin.

cheers

-- Giovanni --