[Qgis-user] After Qgis installation - GRASS6.4 doesn't start anymore

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 09:04:51 PDT 2012

You should probably not be installing grass in /usr, this cause
conflicts with packages installed though the package manager.

Why are you building grass anyway? The packaged version should run fine.

I recommend you use the "ubuntugis-unstable" ppa to install qgis,
grass and qgis-grass.

BTW the correct way to uninstall is "sudo apt-get remove qgis" -
autoremove deletes unnecessary packages

Etienne