[Qgis-user] simulation/prediction of acoustic noise in QGIS ?

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 12:54:18 PDT 2012

2012/8/23 "Peter Löwe" <peter.loewe at gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a QGIS module/plugin to predict "noise maps" based on distributed acoustic sources.
>
> There used to be a related GRASS5 module (r.noise) which is not around anymore, unfortunately.
>
> Are there any studies on such a subject done with QGIS ?

I'm not aware of anything like this.

I think OpenWind can make that kind of maps. It's a free,
multiplataform (Linux and Windows) desktop gis-like program for wind
farm design and energy assesment. Maybe it can be of any use for you.
You'll have to define noise sources as wind turbines (only points, no
linear sources if that's what you need).

Goyo