[Qgis-user] Qgis 1.8 - Sextante plugin doesn't install - corrupt

Pietro Rossin pierigis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:24:07 PDT 2012

Hi
I just get qgis in working order without any preset..

I had to delete the .qgis folder under my user documents and settings
folder. This deletes all the plugin installed.
After that I found a quantumgis registry folder under

HKEY_USERS\"your_usersid"\Software\QuantumGIS

(your_usersid is an aplhanumerical string identifying your user during login
in windows)

In this folder you can find many keys that store all the presets for qgis
(last visited folders, proxy setting plugin repos ecc ecc)

If you delete the whole quantumgis folder you have qgis acting as just
installed ;-) (so if you like some plugin repo sign it somewhere - damned
me..)