[Qgis-user] null values and color table from grass rasters

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Thu Aug 30 08:30:08 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am working with QGIS 1.8.0 lisboa, and have imported a raster into
GRASS 6.4.2 via the QGIS interface (it was a  TIF file originally).

To my surprise null values are not displayed "transparent" in QGIS but
at the equivalent of zero in the coloramp.  However, I have checked that
the values of the cells are really "null" when pointed on with the
appropriate tool.

When displayed within GRASS (tcltk interface) everything is OK and null
is transparent.

Any idea about what happens?

Patrick