[Qgis-user] Grid creation and export data to *.asc

Luciano La Sala lucianolasala at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Dec 26 10:03:11 PST 2012

Hello again…!

In doing as Micha advises I came across the following cryptic warning:

Cannot start module r.out.xyz. command: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/grass/GRASS-~1.2/bin/r.out.xyz.bat --interface-description
0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487 AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x71110000, RegionSize 0x460000, State 0x10000 C:\OSGeo4W\apps\msys\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0

If I go ahead a hit “run” I get the following output:

r.out.xyz

0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487

AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x71110000, RegionSize 0x460000, State 0x10000

C:\OSGeo4W\apps\msys\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0

Finished with error

I have no idea what the problem is this time. Any help will be more than welcome.

Thank you very much in advance.

Luciano