[Qgis-user] windows 7 64bit qgis how to get it to install?

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Wed Feb 1 12:56:33 PST 2012

I've been using the OSGeo4W installer on a few Win 7 and Windows Server 208
x64 systems.  No problems with installations on any of them.  Usually I
install the QGIS dev package as well, which gives me versions of 1.7, 1.8
and 1.9.  On occasion, something will not work on the 1.9 version and I
drop back to 1.7.  There are problems installing to Windows XP x64 though;
so I usually zip and copy my Win 7 installation to XP.  Works fine.

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware