[Qgis-user] Re: Mac OSX - ImportError: No module named gdal

dpan davepanitz at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 17:42:15 PST 2012

William Kyngesburye wrote

> What does this return in a Terminal:
> file /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python
> It should be "No such file or directory".

Yes, it returns:
cannot open
`/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python' (No such
file or directory)

William Kyngesburye wrote

> What does this return in a Terminal:
> ls -l /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions

total 8
drwxrwxr-x  10 root  admin  340 Feb 12 21:28 1.8
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin    3 Aug 22 10:02 Current -> 1.8

William Kyngesburye wrote

> Forcing GdalTools plugin to use a user-installed Python 2.7 on Snow
> Leopard with the Python 2.7 version of the GDAL module may work, but I
> don't support that in my GDAL framework.

OK, not sure what to do now...do I need to point things back to the Python
2.6 install?