[Qgis-user] .Net Control and more

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Feb 27 09:41:29 PST 2012

Anything supported by GDAL/OGR, www.gdal.org

> 2)	Can QGIS be used as a Control - Is there an existing tool that can easily be wrapped into a .Net C# Windows Control?   (The equivalent of MapInfo Extreme).

Yes, but only C++ and python

> 3)	Can a floor plan jpg file be layered over a blank map control and then registered via TAB file using minimally three points on the map with Latitude and Longitude?  Then with mouse click know all the other coordinates on the map?   Is this a simple process?  (Again this can be easily done with MapInfo Extreme).
Yes, georegistration tool is built in.

> 4)	Web App and Stand Alone Support?

There is work on Web Client to correspond with QGIS Server. Desktop
standalone is the primary mechanism for all current deployments.

> 5)	Has Layering - Ability to draw several layers of routes and various symbols with different colors onto to the displayed map - programmatically controlled?  Legend? (Again using as .Net Control).

Yes, but again only C++ and python

> 6)	Access to Maps (can you get from web database?)

Yes, WMS, WFS, Tiles, Postgis, etc.. are all supported.

> 7)	Report Generation Capabilities:  If we were to wrap QGIS, is there a wide variety of reports that can be generated (i.e. letting the end user create custom map-based reports)?

Only a few such plugins exist but could be easy to write.

I think you are more likely to want to look at SharpMap and MapWindow
which are .net applications and tools under open source licenses.

Thanks,
Alex