[Qgis-user] FW: Newbie question - profile tool

Bis Nulama bisnulama at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:07:44 PST 2012

Hello to everybody! I am a new qgis user (I am running qgis 1.7.4 on windows XP)
I'm sorry if the same questions has been already answered somewhere else in this ML...

I am using the grass plugin. I would like to get the profile of a street (I have the shapefile of it) from a digital elevation map.
The profile should be a table of numbers in which I have on the x axis the chainage and on the y axis the elevation.
The output could also be a dxf image file... Is this possible?

I also would like to display the legend of raster maps in my layout, but I do not understand how to do this...

Thank you for your help!

laura