[Qgis-user] how to georeferenced an autocad .dxf file?

M.E.Dodd m.e.dodd at open.ac.uk
Wed Feb 29 01:50:39 PST 2012

I have a building and roads plan done in a cad package and want to accurately georeference it and deal with it in qgis.  I can choose fixed points on the .dxf file and get accurate gps readings for these points but am wondering how to do the conversion in qgis?  If it were a raster image then it would be a simple matter of georeferencing the image but I want to keep the vector format so that its possible to edit and layer with other maps of the area.