[Qgis-user] Re: pre-formatting KML output in QGIS or other options

Bill Teluk Bill.Teluk at team.telstra.com
Fri Jan 13 03:18:33 PST 2012

No worries Maning!

maning sambale wrote

> I still need to learn how to add a
> <description> tag in the output KML that include htl formatted text
> based on the input KML's extended data.

I think you can output arbitrary tags either by including them directly in
amongst the XSL, or by using the xsl:element tag eg.

If you're going to include HTML, it might be just simpler to write it all
just as straight text rather than code it as xsl:element, xsl:attribute
tags.

There's some good tutorials at http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/ with examples
that are particularly useful if you're looking to code a bunch of repetitive
items - such as lines, point objects etc.

I've recently been hacking around at converting GML3 to GML2 compliant
structures and I found the xsl:templates to be very useful for picking up
repeating items.  Also, the "identity" function (
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/identity.html ) can be useful for passing
through content that you don't want to modify - your template just picks up
the bits you do want to edit, and the rest goes through without alteration.

Regards, Bill.