[Qgis-user] Converting CSV into a database

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 13:08:22 PST 2012

Hi
I have spend some time polishing the data I have and it is in csv format. I
would like to run queries on it and display a number of custom queries's
data on my map. I thought spatialite would be the answer but I am
struggling to connect the dots. I first tried to import the csv file
directly which worked a treat. I then exported the csv file as a SQLite
database and tried to add it as Spatialite database, that failed for
obvious reasons.

I then thought that maybe I can directly do queries on the csv data.... I
managed to get a query working on the data and that query now displays
different coloured dots. However I could not find this query again nor seem
to be able to change the symbology based on the query type.

My csv file contain multiple types of points which I would like to map with
different symbology. Any help would be appreciated. The manual explains how
to create a spatialite db but makes no mention of how to get data into a
spatialite db,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

--