[Qgis-user] some questions on Atlas plugin

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Wed Jul 4 09:48:21 PDT 2012

Hello,

Some more infos

> 2)
> The tile in this picture [1] perfectly fits an A0 at 1:100000 scale. The
> original layout was in ArcGIS. I'm trying to reproduce it in QGis composer
> and Atlas plugin gives already a good help in it. Looking into the code I
> see that it adjusts the extents of the composer Map item to the bbox of the
> coverage polygon. This means that the result map in the composer can be
> narrower or wider then the coverage exact extent, depending on the
> dimension of the Map item, ok? See the result in [2].
> What I would need is to scale the Map item to fit the bbox AND a fixed
> scale. It could be scale from the center where it is positioned, changing
> height and width.
> What do you suggest to achieve this? Do you see a "manual" way of doing
> that, or coding it into to the plugin is unavoidable?

You're right.
Being able to do a fix-scale print is an already-requested feature.
We're currently discussing porting the plugin to C++, and adding those bugfixes
and feature while at it.
We'll need some more funding though (see the corresponding thread), and we're
currently gathering support for mutualization. Please contact me directly if
you are interested, and keep in touch on the list for news on that subject.
Vincent