[Qgis-user] Bookmark database error

TomášBrunclík(Tomas_IV) brunclik at atlas.cz
Wed Jul 4 14:13:52 PDT 2012

Alex Mandel <tech_dev at ...> writes:

> On 03/26/2012 05:23 AM, Michael Savarese wrote:
> > getting this error when attempting to bookmark
> >
> > Unable to open bookmarks database.
> > Database:/home/michael/.qgis//qgis.db
> > Driver: Driver not loaded
> > Database: driver not loaded.
> >
> > Any idea what happened to the driver and how I can restore it?
> >

> > Michael Savarese
> >

> That's a little unusual. What version of QGIS and on what Operating
> system? Can you verify the qgis.db file is there? FYI it's an sqlite
> database, so if you want to check that the db is ok you can open it with
> any sqlite tool:
> sqlite3 commandline
> SQLite Manager Firefox plugin
> etc...
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

I have the very same problem. In my case it is Quantum GIS 1.8.0-Lisboa (in the
splash screen there is 1.8.0 RC1) on Linux Mint Debian. It was probably my first
attempt to save a spatial bookmark after upgrading from 1.7.2.
The file is there. According to recommendation connected with similar, but not
the same problem, I tried to rename the file (in the recommendation it was
stated, that the file could be incompatible with the new version and that it
should be recreated when removed -and it indeed was), but it did not change
anything.
I also wonder if the two slashes in the path (/home/<an user
name>/.qgis//qgis.db) could be the problem, but I do not know from where it
comes from.

Regards,
Tomas