[Qgis-user] SLD : Export "categorized" Qgis styles toward geoserver : error message

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Jul 5 02:17:02 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have used geoserver with PostGIS, normally writing my sld files
myself. geoserver has some extensions that are beyond the sld standard,
so in order to use them you need manual editing.
I have never used QGIS sld capabilities but AFAIK they are only very
basic. If you use QGIS server (which I do) you can style your layer with
anything QGIS offers and the WMS layer looks just the same as in QGIS
desktop, so this is easy styling :-)

hope this helps

Bernhard