[Qgis-user] contours

john raskulinecz jerasku at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 8 11:47:39 PDT 2012

Hello Micha,Thanks for your interest. I have some magnetic, and gravity data files that open as delimited text filesfrom the layer option in qgis 1.7.4. They are text documents written in Word, (I think excel spreadsheet format).They show as a layer and can be customized by right clicking properties. The idendify tool can be used to bring up the attributes for the point chosen; lat xxx, lon yyy, has avalue of 100 nana teslas or so many mil gals, etc. I would like to be able to draw contour lines connecting certain ranges of values. It used to be easy a while ago but I was told via this listthat that plugin no longer works. I tried to send one of these files as an attachment but the list administator said it was to large. I don't want to directly respond to you email as I believe that is a violation of protocal, but if you want I can try to zipp it. As to shp files, some vector files are similar and it would be great if there was a way to contour geochem data by element or mineral concentration and add as a layer. Any thoughts of course much appreciated, J.R.