[Qgis-user] Difference in Area/Perimeter calculations

Harish harry.om2000 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:40:41 PDT 2012

Shape file is attached as Zipped to use.
I have used "*Vector>Geometry Tools>Export/Add Geometry colum*n" on this
file using LayerCRS, ProjectCRS (Both are UTM Zone 43N/WGS84 code 32643),
and Ellipsoid option which is also WGS84 in
*settings>options>maptools>ellipsoid
for distance calculations*. Result (area, perimeter) by using project and
layer CRS is same (it should be), but result from using ellipsoid option is
different than these two. Is this difference justifiable or not? (brad is
providing a justification).
Regards
Harish