[Qgis-user] Difference in Area/Perimeter calculations

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 01:56:49 PDT 2012

I'm sorry Harish but I cannot understand what are the steps you're doing.
Probably a language problem :)

First question. You added the area/perimeter fields and then did you filled
them with the Field calculator (Geometry->$area method)?
The Ellipsoid for measurment must be set to WGS84.
You are measuring with the Layer CRS, WGS84, WGS84 with on the fly
projection?
And, how do you measure area precisely with the Measure Tool???

giovanni