[Qgis-user] how to setup python environtment for qgis python application

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jul 14 00:50:00 PDT 2012

On 07/14/2012 07:20 AM, 侯伟 wrote:
> i read the pyqgis cook book, but the http://www.qgis.org/pyqgis-cookbook/intro.html#python-applications
> said to simple and seem too old, some have the idea or experience on python qgis development. thanks.

Hi,

please provide a little more background for what you want. If you find
errors, the source for the cookbook is on Github:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Developer-Cookbook
So you can change it (or even translate it a in fourth language ;-) )

Because QGIS + python PLUGIN development is pretty mature, and can be
learned if you take the cookbook, some python intro book and have a look
in excisting plugin code. AND ask good questions here in the list or on irc

But (I would say), developing GIS applications in python, based on QGIS
libraries is much harder, and not so much done by people. There are some
examples (I think Martin Dobias did some work on this), but it is  more
difficult, and has to be done by looking into cpp code and have good
knowledge of code base. There is besides the intro in the cookbook not
much docs available for.

So I would say: can you build your functionality as a plugin? That would
be great, (and to be honest) of more value for the QGIS community :-)

@devs please correct me if I'm wrong

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde