[Qgis-user] Problem with "add postgis layers" in qgis 1.80

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Jul 19 01:55:54 PDT 2012

Hi Siegfried,

On Thu, 19. Jul 2012 at 07:14:31 +0200, Siegfried.Blank at lazbw.bwl.de wrote:
>    'add postgis layers" is very, very slowly in qgis 1.80 when I have many
>    tables. It needs several (up to 10) minutes until all tables where
>    "detecting" every time when I want add a postgis layer.

Check if your tables are in geometry_columns.  If not QGIS needs to determine
which geometry types are in table.  You can also use the "use estimated
metadata" in the connection settings to let qgis check only a few rows in the
tables which are not listed geometry_columns instead of all rows.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden