[Qgis-user] create a tiff multy layer

Eric Goddard egoddard at memphis.edu
Fri Jul 20 06:17:20 PDT 2012

You can accomplish this with gdal. On QGIS 1.8.0, go to the Raster
menu -> Miscellaneous ->Merge. Select all of your input files and
check the layer stack option. The output will be a new tif image with
each of your previously independent images as a band which you can
then assign to the RGB guns by pulling up the layer properties and
clicking the symbology tab.

Eric