[Qgis-user] qgis 1.8 on MAC: Problem with qwt and more

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 09:36:40 PDT 2012

William,

2012/7/21 William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com>:
> On Jul 21, 2012, at 4:14 AM, Agustin Lobo wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've installed qgis 1.8 on Mac OS 10.7.4 from
>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis
>> including all dependencies mentioned there (with grass), but some
>> plugins (i.e. Profile Tool)
>> and Value Tool (most important for me) complain about PyQt4 and Qwt5.
>>
> PyQwt is not compatible with the latest PyQt (which is needed to run on 10.7), and as far as I could find probably never will be.  So I don't bundle it with QGIS, and plugin developer need to figure out an alternative graphing toolbox to use.

But Valuetool is now installed by default with the main qgis
installation  (perhaps it is actually part of the core?) and its
graphics are essential to
display multi-spectral and multi-temporal information for raster
layers. Actually I see it as rather a blocking issue. Display of
raster layers is actually very limited in Qgis, so losing
this feature is really bad news.

Have to check if this problem occurs just on Mac OS.

>> Also, some plugins such as statis complain about not having matplotlib despite
>> it is installed.
>>
> How did you install matplotlib?
Downloading from http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/python and double
click on the dmg.
But works after rebooting, we can forget about this one.

>> Finally, I always get a crash at quitting Qgis, which generates a lon
>> report that
>> I've uploaded here:
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3180464/aloboMacOSqgis18report.txt
>>
> Don't know about this one.