[Qgis-user] Selecting polygons on attribute - Trying OGR

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Jul 24 09:18:48 PDT 2012

Am 24.07.2012 18:07, schrieb Zoltan Szecsei:

>> Use the Table Manager plugin. (or just open the dbf in OpenOffice and
>> change *only* the name of the column)
> Which is the Table Manager plugin? I'm just browsing QGIS plugins
> repository and cannot see anything like this.

Its a third party plugin:
http://bwj.aster.net.pl/qgis-oldapi/index.html
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/17/Deleting_a_column_from_an_attribute_table

I'm afraid they have not moved it to the official repository, as advised
for 1.8.0. So you have to download it amnually from here:
http://bwj.aster.net.pl/qgis/plugins.xml
unzip it and put it in your .qgis/python/plugin folder.

> I tried with OpenOffice 3.3 on both 64 & 32 bit Win 7, but the job
> disappears and task manager shows that it is just eating up memory (over
> 600MB after 10 minutes, and climbing).

Ok, for such a huge database, OpenOffice is not the right tool.

Greetings,
André Joost