[Qgis-user] Print Composer: Best Practices (Pascal Sydler)

P. Sydler sydlerp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 04:28:02 PDT 2012

   Hi Gordon

    I am quite new with QGIS but have made some experiences with the print
    composer. First Ialso realised that the pdf generated with the button
"pdf"
    creates huged file sizes. Then I printed my map using an installed
    pdf-printer. This results in file sizes of 50%.

    Saving a defined layout as a template works fine for me. I save my map
as a
    template giving it a specific name and can reload this setting into
another
    project. Use the template manager in the main QGIS-window to rename your
    created templates.

    Hope that helps you somehow
    Pascal