[Qgis-user] clipping shapefiles

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Fri Jul 27 12:06:20 PDT 2012

if you want to clip along a county there are several ways to do this. My
suggestion.

Select the county (I am assuming you have that as a layer in QGIS).
Go to Vector -> Geoprocessing tools -> Clip
Clip out the streets using the selected county.

That should give you a new streets layer.

Randal Hale, GISP
North River Geographic Systems, Inc
http://www.northrivergeographic.com
423.653.3611 rjhale at northrivergeographic.com