[Qgis-user] qgis course complete

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 02:26:50 PDT 2012

Dear everyone,

I recently finished (a few hours ago) a gis course for a masters degree
program designed for local government personnel in my country
(Philippines). AFAIK, this is the first GIS course here that uses only
opensource mostly QGIS.

We owe big thanks to the qgis community for making available a comprensive
learning materials as our reference.

I introduced the students to Sextante's geoprocessing power and they are
amazed with its enormous capability even those who are power users of arc*
:-)

There are a few quirks with sextatnte which I will later file as bug
tickets.

Overall, I believe QGIS and FOSS geo in general is more than enough to fill
the needs of the most common geospatial requirements.

Again, big thanks to everyone here for making a wonderful software.