[Qgis-user] [Live-demo] Bookmarks causing QGIS to crash

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 16:19:28 PDT 2012

Micha wrote:
>    Sorry for double posting, I'm not sure where this problem has crept
>    in.
>
>    On the latest version 6.0beta of OSGeo-Live, running QGIS 1.8.0, I
>    try to save a map extent with the Bookmark button. I get an error
>    window about drivers (see attachment) and then QGIS closes.
>
>    Is the error referring to sqlite? WHat seems to be missing? Does
>    this appear in other Ubuntu setups? or is it particular to the
>    Xubuntu OSGeo Live DVD? I haven't seen the problem in Fedora/EL6 nor
>    in Windows.

Hi Micha,

I see the same thing on the 6.0beta5 build of the live dvd. starting
QGIS from the command line leaves some clues in the console:

"""
user at osgeolive:~$ qgis
Warning: loading of qgis translation failed [/usr/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_en_GB]
Warning: loading of qt translation failed [/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_GB]
Warning: X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
  Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
  Resource id:  0x0
Warning: QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
Warning: QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QPSQL7 QPSQL
Warning: QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
Warning: QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QPSQL7 QPSQL
Warning: QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name 'bookmarks', old connection removed.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
"""

so we have QSQLITE != QPSQL ...but why?

~/.qgis/qgis.db is on the disc already (maybe it has cruft from an earlier
version?), and is browsable by sqlitebrowser (sqlite seems ok on the disc).

thanks,
Hamish