[Qgis-user] QGIS Server street names in tiles

bernhard.stroebl at jena.de bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Fri Mar 2 03:38:54 PST 2012

Dear list,

I am currently working on a city map with QGIS server as WMS server
based on a PostGIS backend.
In the QGIS-Project (QGIS 1.7.4) used to serve the city map I set up the
labels for street names to be curved, on line and ticked the option
"Merge connected lines to avoid duplicates". The labels look nicely in
OpenLayers when requested directly from the server (Option "singleTile"
set to true).
I set up mapchache http://mapserver.org/trunk/en/mapcache/ to work with
QGIS Server. This works very well and speeds up loading into OpenLayers
a lot. However I get label artefacts at the edge of tiles.

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this?

regards

Bernhard

________ Information from NOD32 ________
http://www.nod32.com