[Qgis-user] downloading from GPS device

ahs ahs ahsqgis at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 04:38:18 PST 2012

Hi
I can not download data from a GPS device. I open the GPS tools and the tab "Download from GPS". At "GPS device", correctly "Garmin serial" shows. "Port" I set to usb (have also tried the other alternatives). I set the feature type, fill in Layer name, "test". In "Output file", I am not sure about whether I should chose an existing gpx-file or name a new one, but neither alternative works. If I try to create a new one here, I get the error message "Layer is not valid. The layer test13.gpx?type=waypoint is not a valid layer and can not be added to the map". If I instead chose an existing gpx-file on my hard disk, the file gets loaded but without the data from the GPS device. What should I do?