[Qgis-user] qgis vs grass

Lee muellerl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 07:08:50 PDT 2012

>From what I gather, it's an issue with the hotine mercator projection. All
of Michigan's state-sponsored data is provided in what is known as the
"Michigan georef", which is based on a hotine mercator. If you search, you
will find several individuals in various geographic locations that are
having similar issues.

I have found several tickets already opened, and several threads attempting
to resolve the issue, but there has yet to be an internal solution of which
I am aware. For the time being, uDIG works quite well to convert michigan
georef to a usable CRS.

--
all the best,
Lee Mueller