[Qgis-user] Andreas, windows 64 bit

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Mar 12 22:50:20 PDT 2012

Hi John,

No - this should not be a problem. I successfully run QGIS 32bit on
64bit Windows 7. But you cannot use more than the 2-3 GB RAM that are
possible in 32bit Windows application.

The fact that QGIS does not run on your 64bit Windows 7 is a different
problem.

I am afraid I probably can't help much than advising to remove QGIS and
reinstall. You may also try to use the OSGeo4W installer which allows
you to install different QGIS versions in parallel. I usually use QGIS
trunk (developer version, 1.9.x) from OSGeo4W and QGIS 1.7x (stable
version).

Hope this helps,
Andreas