[Qgis-user] Re: Open filegdb in QGis

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 17:35:05 PDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM, mnertinger <maxxnertinger at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I believe you will need to compile a copy of GDAL >= 1.9 together with
>> the SDK.
>
> Dear Giovanni!
>
> Thanks for your answer. As I posted, unfortunately I’m a total newby.
> Could you explain to me how to do that (put which folder where etc.),
> what a SDK is?
>
> Thanks!
> Max

I've been playing with filegdb lately using the osgeo installer and it
works without compiling using QGIS 1.7.4... however, I was messing
around with various installs of GDAL to get it to work. I've been able
to replicate filegdb access on one other machine however following the
same steps on a third machine we're unable to get it to work a 3rd
time. I can assure you the one thing we haven't done is compile GDAL.
Still trying to work out what we did differently on the first 2
machines.

Matt