[Qgis-user] Using CRS to convert from Lat Long to Irish National Grid

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Tue Mar 27 13:42:30 PDT 2012

Hi Carson,

Interesting.  I switched to TM75.  Then I imported the lakes and ocean from the shape files and they just snapped in place.  I was trying to do it from GRASS.  When I tried to set them to the rest of the GIS they vanished until I returned them to their original CRS.  That was almost too easy.

Next question.  I am putting my vectors into a spatialite database through qspatialite.  Will the lakes and oceans behave themselves if I use them in a different project or shift the project to a different computer?  Like as not it will still be TM75.  BTW, thanks for the info.  IRENET95/ Transverse Mercator seemed to be the only logical candidate.

Again, Thanks.

Kurt