[Qgis-user] Dissolve and sum of merged attributes?

Fredrik.Floren at teliasonera.com Fredrik.Floren at teliasonera.com
Wed Mar 28 00:40:52 PDT 2012

Micha, thank you for your very comprehensive reply. As I understand it Spatialite is only concerned with the attribute table and not the associated polygons. Hence, the need to dissolve in Qgis with fTools first. This is certainly a solution that works, but it does appear as a bit roundabout, at least to me. The operation would fit so nicely in Dissolve. So the question is whether I should spend time learning python and maybe create a custom Dissolve, or use the time to learn some SQL (which I've never used before). Although I can certainly reuse your code, I am generally reluctant to use code for this kind of thing without fully understanding it. The latter is probably quicker while the former is probably a better long term investment.

Anyways, thank you!

Fredrik