[Qgis-user] Bookmarks - How to share to other users?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Mar 28 05:33:07 PDT 2012

 There should be options to distribute them with the project but also
 keep them globally.

 Often it makes sense to have global bookmarks, because you want to work
 on a region across multiple topics. I personally prefer the global
 bookmarks list, but I can totally understand that people want to
 distribute bookmarks with their project.

 One more reason for Martin Dobias' proposal to also allow data storage
 in an archived project.

 Andreas

 On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:42:54 +0200, Viktor Kalén wrote:
> I just noticed that bookmarks in QGIS is not stored "inside" the QGS
> file (as it is in ArcGIS MXD:s).
>
> This means that if I create bookmarks in one QGS file, I can access
> them from any other QGS file.
>
> This also means that another user cant see my bookmarks, even if she
> uses the same QGS file as where I created the bookmarks.
>
> So, is there a way to store the bookmarks in the QGS file instead?
>

> Viktor Kalén

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)