[Qgis-user] Sextante plugin

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 05:07:40 PDT 2012

Hi,

I just tried the Sextante plugin for QGIS. It installs without problems,
but when trying to run a SAGA module, I am getting an error message:

==============

An error has occured while executing Python code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/home/paulo/.qgis/python/plugins/sextante/gui/ParametersDialog.py",
line 274, in accept
     AlgorithmExecutor.runalg(self.alg, self)
   File
"/home/paulo/.qgis/python/plugins/sextante/gui/AlgorithmExecutor.py",
line 9, in runalg
     alg.execute(progress)
   File
"/home/paulo/.qgis/python/plugins/sextante/core/GeoAlgorithm.py", line
59, in execute
     self.processAlgorithm(progress)
   File
"/home/paulo/.qgis/python/plugins/sextante/saga/SagaAlgorithm.py", line
236, in processAlgorithm
     SagaUtils.createSagaBatchJobFileFromSagaCommands(commands)
   File "/home/paulo/.qgis/python/plugins/sextante/saga/SagaUtils.py",
line 47, in createSagaBatchJobFileFromSagaCommands
     fout = open(SagaUtils.sagaBatchJobFilename(), "w")
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/home/paulo/sextante/saga_batch_job.sh'

Python version:
2.7.2+ (default, Oct  4 2011, 20:41:12)
[GCC 4.6.1]

Indeed, the saga_batch_job.sh has permissions set to no read/write. I am
assuming this file is generated on the fly when executing a SAGA
function, so somewhere in the process something goes wrong with the
permission setting?

I am on Ubuntu 11.10 amd 64, QGIS 1.9.90-Alpha.

Paulo