[Qgis-user] Re: Donations -> Knowledge mananagment platform

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat Mar 31 11:26:49 PDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 7:14 PM, Maxim Dubinin <sim at gis-lab.info> wrote:

> People   are  different,  they  like  different  things  and  ways  to
> communicate. Forum was not dead.

You are right. Forum was not dead and people like to be able to chose how
they communicate.

The problem I see is that there is a limited number of people with the
knowledge to help and the will to donate their time. They should be
supported by technical infrastructure that makes helping easy.

A phpBB forum is far from optimal for Q&A. It's difficult to see which
questions are answered and where the answer is hidden within the thread. We
tried tagging with SOLVED but often there is no feedback from the person
who asked.

It has been suggested repeatedly that solutions should be migrated to the
wiki but nobody has stepped up to do so. I don't think it's going to
happen. Therefore the Q&A page should be as organized as possible, with
questions being tagged, marked as solved and the best answer marked too. A
Q&A site using OSQA would make that possible.

I'm fine with both having our own OSQA site or using Stackexchange. I'd be
willing to do the moderator work again if it's decided that a dedicated
QGIS Q&A is better.

Best wishes,
Anita