[Qgis-user] [Newbie] Trying to get started with QGIS
b137716 at rppkn.com
Tue Mar 6 22:13:36 EST 2012
Hi folks :)
I'm trying to get started with QGIS. I'm under the impression that QGIS can
do the following :-
1) Load up a WKT file to a layer
2) Added a google map layer UNDER the WKT layer
3) modify the boundary, from step 1. (by overlaying the boundary over a map,
i can clean up the boundary).
4) export this boundary to a WKT (or Well Known Binary).
1) create an empty layer
2) added a google map layer under this empty layer
3) drawn some new polygon(s) on the empty layer .. using the google map
layer as a reference.
4) export the polygon(s) as a WTK / WKB
So - can anyone help me please?
The data I have right now are some zipcodes, cities and neighbourhoods for
the USA which i'm trying to 'clean up' or create new ones.
Thanks kindly to any friendly help. I know it's a pretty blonde question,
but I'm really stuck trying to solve this.
- Lili -
View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Newbie-Trying-to-get-started-with-QGIS-tp4553190p4553190.html
Sent from the Quantum GIS - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Qgis-user