[Qgis-user] Is there smth wrong with OSGEO4W installer?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Nov 5 17:53:30 PST 2012

Hi Bernd,
I understand your frustration.

Il 06/11/2012 09:09, Bernd Vogelgesang ha scritto:
> (i read the list every hour though i still think mailing lists are
> stone age)
maybe I'm just too old, but: what is the issue with MLs? And: can you
suggest a better alternative?

> "release early, release often" ... who said this ? but maybe do not
> release too early and too often.
Please remember that releasing is different from packaging. AFAICT, you
are encountering packaging problem. It may be pointless to you, but it
is important for us, because we have to address these problems in
different ways.

> i have no idea about this hole osgeo4w-ecosystem and who puts what and
> when into it and its inner logic, so i don't know who to blame.
Please also remember that Windows packaging involves a tremendous amount
of effort and skills, and it is being done as a favour for our Windows
users.
It would be good if someone could pay a developer to work on Windows
(but also OSX, etc.) packaging.

If someone is interested, please contact the QGIS-PSC.

Thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu